The following topics will be covered during this leadership course:
- Exploring the challenges of strategy vs being strategic
- Strategic proficiency and adaptive challenges
- Possibilities based approach to strategy
- Design thinking and innovation process
- Problem discovery.
As a result of this strategic leadership course, you will:
- Develop the skills of strategic leadership
- Learn a suite of strategies to empower others to achieve
- Learn about and use design thinking processes to approach complex strategic challenges
- Be able to actively contribute to the development of collective and collaborative leadership within the council.
Full price: $698 (GST free)*
*Price subject to change. Please check price at time of purchase.
The leadership course uses a blend of presentation, discussion, case in point teaching, consultation in pairs, group exercises and individual take-away tasks to put into practice learnings in the workplace. This training approach allows you to work through concepts introduced by the presenter in an application-focused teaching environment. You will challenge your understanding of the concepts and consider their application once back in your individual workplace.
Leadership course series
This leadership course has no prerequisites and is open to all members of the public. The course is one of five leadership courses in our Leading in Local Government series. Select the combination of courses from the list below that will meet your learning needs.
Course purchase is subject to UTS Open Terms and Conditions.
UTS complies with latest Government health advice. Delivery of all courses complies with the UTS response to COVID-19.
If you have a specific question on course content or requirements, please contact us.