The service review course is delivered in four, interrelated modules:
Module 1 - Introduction to Service Reviews
- The purpose of service reviews, with consideration of the regulatory requirements plus broader strategic planning and evaluative practice
- Good practice review principles, outcomes and focus areas
- What defines purposeful, quality review processes and outcomes
- Common risks and challenges when undertaking review and evaluation processes
Module 2 - Project Management Approach to Service Reviews
- Service reviews within the context of the policy cycle and other social science research considerations
- Steps and stages in effectively planning, designing, executing and reporting on review outcomes
- Use of practical tools and templates to effectively undertake a review based on case study scenarios.
Module 3 - Service Review Methods and Data Collection
- 101 introduction to qualitative and quantitative review methods
- How to select and implement appropriate review methods to acquire the required evidence base
- Emerging techniques, innovations, fast tracked and cost-effective methodologies relevant to particular review scenarios
- Key considerations when engaging with stakeholders.
Module 4 - Presenting Evidence in Impactful Ways
- Distilling and presenting review findings to decision makers
- Tools and techniques for communicating and writing with impact
- How to implement ongoing monitoring, evaluation and learning processes.
On completion of this service reviews course participants will have increased knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- How to use a results-based approach to service reviews and what quality review outcomes looks like.
- How to deploy a structured approach to designing, planning, implementing and reporting on service reviews.
- Practical tools and techniques for reviewing programs, operations and services, with direct alignment to the purpose and intended outcomes of the review.
- Embedding evaluative culture within organisations, departments and teams including through ongoing monitoring, evaluation and learning practices.
Full price: $698 (GST free)*
*Price subject to change. Please check price at time of purchase.
This service reviews course will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of an instructor-led lecture, interactive discussions, group and individual exercises, plus open question and answer sessions. This training approach allows participants to work through concepts introduced by the presenter in an application-focused teaching environment. Participants will challenge their understanding of the concepts and consider their application once back in their individual workplace.
Course purchase is subject to UTS Open Terms and Conditions.
UTS complies with latest Government health advice. Delivery of all courses complies with the UTS response to COVID-19.
If you have a specific question on course content or requirements, please contact us.