The following topics will be covered during this leadership course:
- The context for Leading with Impact in local government
- Exploring the 3 C’s of leadership frameworks: Capacity – Capability – Competency.
- ‘Impact’: leadership and management perspectives
- ‘Impact’: leadership influences and your authentic style
- Leadership tools for impact: ethical, adaptive, collaborative approaches.
- Leading for Impact: your next steps.
As a result of this leadership course, you will:
- Learn from specialist leadership practitioners and thinkers who understand the realities of leading in local government
- Develop awareness of individual leadership capability within the context of sector recognised capability frameworks
- Understand leadership approaches that help develop impact for council and communities
- Build confidence in applying tools and approaches back into the workplace
- Increase your professional capability to lead for impact
- Broaden understanding of different leadership styles and environments for impact.
Full price: $698 (GST free)*
*Price subject to change. Please check price at time of purchase.
The leadership course uses a blend of presentation, discussion, case in point teaching, consultation in pairs, group exercises and individual take-away tasks to put into practice learnings in the workplace. This training approach allows you to work through concepts introduced by the presenter in an application-focused teaching environment. You will challenge your understanding of the concepts and consider their application once back in your individual workplace.
Leadership course series
This leadership course has no prerequisites and is open to all members of the public. The course is one of five leadership courses in our Leading in Local Government series. Select the combination of courses from the list below that will meet your learning needs.
Course purchase is subject to UTS Open Terms and Conditions.
UTS complies with latest Government health advice. Delivery of all courses complies with the UTS response to COVID-19.
If you have a specific question on course content or requirements, please contact us.