The course will be delivered in either online, face-to-face or blended modes, to allow those who are unable to attend face-to-face to participate in the course. Participants can choose to complete the ten x three-hour sessions (30 hours total) in any combination of these modes.
- How is the government seeking to reform infrastructure delivery?
- What are the challenges facing the infrastructure pipeline and how can they be fixed?
- How can we create a sustainable construction sector?
- What is the future role of private finance in infrastructure from a developer’s perspective?
- How can project management of megaprojects be improved?
- Risk allocation and PPPs: is it broken and can it be fixed?
- Precincts and integrated station developments
- Investing in infrastructure projects: does it generate value?
- Do we need to tweak or reset the model?
- Success stories and some lessons to be learnt.
Overview of teaching activities
- Weekly lectures delivered by Martin Locke, supplemented by guest lecturers from public and private sectors, including Sonya Campbell - Head of Infrastructure and Structured Finance Unit, NSW Treasury; Infrastructure Australia and investment companies
- Group discussions
- Real case studies.
As a result of undertaking this course, participants will benefit via:
- Contribution towards an in-depth understanding of the massive challenges faced by the infrastructure sector in Australia and the need for its reform regarding how major projects are delivered
- Increased capabilities to apply critical thinking in assessing the contrasting perspectives of investors, contractors and the community around decision-making on how infrastructure projects can be delivered to create value for money.
Familiarity with infrastructure projects and related development concepts is preferable.
Full price: $2,500 (GST free)*
*Price subject to change. Please check price at time of purchase.
Discounts are available for this course as follows:
- 50% discount for more than 5 enrolments from the same organisation.
- 15% discount to members of:
- Project Management Institute (Sydney Chapter) (PMI)
- Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Australian Contractors Association (ACA)
- The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Roads Australia
- UTS Alumni, Students and Staff
Discounts cannot be combined and only one discount can be applied per person per course session. Discounts can only be applied to the full price. Discounts cannot be applied to any offered special price.
How to obtain your discount voucher code
- Please contact the team at email@example.com with your details of group enrolments or details of professional membership to obtain your discount voucher code. Note that group enrolments will not be validated until the minimum number of criteria enrolments have been received.
Course purchase is subject to UTS Open Terms and Conditions.
UTS complies with latest Government health advice. Delivery of all courses complies with the UTS response to COVID-19.