In this course, you will be introduced to ideas to inspire new ways of human-centred working and tools to kick-start innovative improvement solutions.
Each session will include:
- An introduction to key elements of the 5-stage design thinking process
- Case studies and/or live examples
- Tools for you to take away and apply in practice.
Participants will be set a live challenge relevant to their work in the period between module 2 and 3.
The following content will be covered during the course:
Module 1: Define
- Introduction to design thinking
- Example case study
- Tool: Mindmap.
Module 2: Empathy
- Capturing insights
- Example discussion guide
- Tool: Deep listening and questioning.
Module 3: Ideation
- Understanding opportunity spaces
- Example case study
- Tool: Live brainstorming.
Module 4: Prototype
- Test and learn
- Example blueprint
- Tool: Harvesting for prototypes.
Module 5: Engagement
- The value of co-creation
- Case study conclusions
- Tool: Mapping what's next.
At the completion of this course you should have developed:
- Foundational understanding of the design thinking process
- Skills in human-centred design and co-creation models
- An ability to utilise the right tools at the right time
- Working knowledge of design thinking examples and case studies
- An appreciation of the value of innovation
- Confidence to apply design thinking in practice.
Full price: $585 (GST-free)*
*Price subject to change. Please check price at time of purchase.
This short course will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of an instructor-led lecture, group and individual activities. This training approach allows participants to work through concepts introduced by the trainer in an application-focused teaching environment. Participants will challenge their understanding of the concepts and consider their application once back in their individual workplace.
Our face-to-face courses are delivered on UTS campus. Location details and teaching materials will be made available to participants prior to the course.
In-house training solutions
This course can also be customised and delivered in-house.
Course purchase is subject to UTS Open Terms and Conditions.