This course is designed to provide you with an introduction to human genetics, human genome sequencing and the use of DNA sequence information to inform clinical decisions for the use of tailored precision medicine approaches for disease management and cure. Examples of precision medicine approaches will be introduced.
The course is structured to include the following topics:
- Introduction to DNA, genes and chromosomes
- Introduction to human genome sequencing
- Introduction to precision medicine and the use of genetic and other information, for tailoring disease treatments
- Examples of precision medicine approaches
- Promise and future challenges of precision medicine.
This course incorporates a range of teaching and learning strategies, including live presentations, discussions, case studies and group activities. Online workshops are scheduled throughout the four-week teaching period for participants to interact with instructors and peers.