This subject is a mix of self-paced online learning and weekly live online classes. You will encounter a range of interactive learning tools and resources through the Canvas platform, and will also be encouraged to independently research AI issues that matter especially to you for the course assessment. Our live online classes will provide that opportunity to hone your skills by articulating and investigating ethical issues that arise within contexts where AI is being deployed, with subject matter experts and your peers as formative assessment.
Key content and topics:
- Core features of and differences between Symbolic and Statistical AI (with a focus on machine learning)
- Challenging issues that arise in situations where AI is being deployed
- Technical, social, conceptual, and other factors responsible for those issues
- Ethical AI standards, frameworks, and regulations
- Case studies involving AI and computer-based automation.