This microcredential is structured into six modules and is delivered over six weeks. Each module features self-study materials, interactive activities such as quizzes, multimedia presentations, short video and audio recordings and peer critiques, as well as facilitated, live online sessions.
These weekly, live online sessions provide an opportunity to apply the content to practical and authentic examples drawn from the workplace, with the course culminating in an industry led expression session.
The six modules are:
1. What is learning analytics?
- Begin your journey by exploring the history of learning analytics, before thinking about what the drivers and influences are and what the learning analytics model might look like.
2. How do learning analytics work?
- Delve deeper into how learning analytics works
- Examine how it provides actionable intelligence to us as learning designers and educators and how it can help us make better design decisions.
3. Connecting learning analytics with learning design
- Discover the ways to make use of learning analytics in our learning design practices, how to develop data literacy and how that will impact learner performance and outcomes.
4. The challenges facing learning analytics
- Explore some of the challenges and problems learning designers may face in using learning analytics
- Study issues such as ethics, privacy and data ownership, management and protection.
5. Tools for learning analytics
- Acquaint yourself with the tools that make use of various learning analytics to improve learner outcomes
- Learn how to evaluate the effectiveness of these tools in personal and professional contexts.
6. Expression session
- Engage in a practical workshop hosted by an industry expert that combines the ideas, concepts and tools developed throughout the course and puts them into practice.
- This microcredential includes weekly, live, 90-minute online sessions facilitated by an expert UTS academic, supporting self-study and online learning activities
- The live sessions focus on applying the course content to practical and authentic examples drawn from the workplace
- Regular formative quizzes throughout the course allow participants to track their progress.