The following content will be covered during the course:
1. History of improvement methodologies
2. Definitions, history and benefits
- What is six sigma?
- What is lean?
- Why develop a culture of improvement?
- Lean six sigma roles and development roadmap.
3. Improvement framework concepts
- Change as improvement and prediction
- Elements of the framework for improvement
- Foundational principles
- Phases in the improvement process (DMAIC)
- The learning cycle - PDSA
- Tools and techniques
- Improvement roadmap
- Scale of formality of approach
- Summary of improvement framework
- Agile principles and practices foundational to lean six sigma.
4. Case study
- Workshop project - simulation overview
- A3 version of improvement plan and visual project storyboard - rapid improvement work.
5. Define phase
- The PDSA / learning cycles
- The PDSA cycle plan – hints on completion
- Cycle 1 - set up project
- The improvement plan overview and hints
- Outside in thinking - CTQ analysis
- Systems thinking – high level process analysis.
6. Measure phase - overview
- Two causes of variation
- Cycle 2 - understanding baseline performance.
7. Analyse phase
- Cycle 3 - analyse root causes.
8. Improve - develop phase
- Lean solution techniques
- Cycle 4 - develop solutions.
9. Improve - pilot phase
- Cycle 5 - pilot - small scale trial of solutions.
10. Improve - implement & control phase
- Overall reflections
- Overview of leadership for business improvement model
11. Planning your next steps.