The following content will be explored during this microcredential:
- Financial statements – profit and loss statement; balance sheet
- Financial statements – cash flows
- Analysing position and performance next to strategy – strategic ratio analysis
- Understanding and budgeting fixed and variable costs in organisations
- Cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis
- Relevant costing and tactical pricing.
This course is delivered online using a range of resources, self-directed study and live interactive sessions with the academic. Course content will be presented online to participants in a variety of formats, including lecture slides, notes, videos and articles.
At the beginning of the unit, participants are expected to review materials and complete tasks on their own before attending weekly online review sessions with the lecturer (sessions are spread over the learning period). Materials will be provided via the learning management system, but participants are also expected to seek information independently. Feedback will be given following formative assessment and during the online sessions.