The following content will be covered during the course:
- Why flooding in land use planning should be considered
- Role of management studies and plans
- Detailed understanding of all the options available and the relevant issues
- Detailed understanding of continuing risk issues and the options for its management
- An outline of the information required to assist SES in planning for emergency response
- An understanding of how LEPs, DCPs and policies can be used to manage flood risk
- Several case studies to provide practical experience in considering these issues.
This course will be delivered online. Participants will watch online lectures and video before attending 3 x 1.5 hour sessions. During these sessions, a brief recaps of online material is provided leading to detailed Q&A.
Participants will break into small groups to workshop a realistic scenario providing an opportunity to apply what has been taught and are designed to show how detail is applied into practice. These small groups will be facilitated by industry experts. The session will conclude with a reinforcement of key messages and learning.