Building and construction is complex and there are many pieces of legislation that impact on the construction process. The BCA and Australian Standards take up the bulk of the technical requirements for construction, which is what this course concentrates on. Navigate your way through the Building Code of Australia with insight and expertise. Be able to use, refer and adhere to the code efficiently and effectively by learning from our industry experts.
The following content will be covered during the course:
Introduction and classification
- Importance of building codes
- Introduction to the classification system.
Part 1 of the Building Code of Australia
- Linkage of legislation
- BCA hierarchy and governance requirements
- Format of housing provisions
- Navigating through the BCA
- BCA language and clause structure
- Differences between BCA volume 1 and volume 2.
Performance requirements and part 2 of the National Construction Code
- An overview of Part 2 of the BCA
- Discuss what a performance provision is
- How you can comply with a performance requirement
- Assessing performance solutions
- Documenting decisions.
Part 3 of the National Construction Code
- Termite protection
- Storm water drainage
- Soil classification
- Reinforced concrete slabs
- Fire resistance levels (FRL’s)
- Fire separation
- Smoke alarms
- Light and ventilation
- Wet areas
- Barriers and handrails.
At the completion of this course you will have an understanding of:
- The legislation impacting on construction in NSW.
- The importance of Building Codes.
- How to identify the format of Housing Provisions.
- The language and clause structure.
- Classifying buildings in accordance with the Code.
In-house training solutions
This BCA course can also be customised and delivered in-house. Find out more
This course will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of an instructor-led lecture, group and individual activities. This training approach allows participants to work through concepts introduced by the trainer in an application-focused teaching environment. Participants will challenge their understanding of the concepts and consider their application once back in their individual workplace.
If you are in search of online courses or distance learning, you might be interested in our ABC of the Building Code of Australia Course Online.
Full price: $685.00 (GST-free)*
*Price subject to change. Please check price at time of purchase.