During this microcredential you will meet and work with a dedicated course facilitator, who will support your learning and engagement with the teaching resources designed by the lead academic and a team of experts in the Faculty of Engineering and IT.
The microcredential comprises online modules each featuring self-study materials and facilitated live sessions. Throughout this course you will review and expand on key concepts in machine learning through case studies and practical problems, including:
- Understanding where machine learning fits into business
- Who are the stakeholders of machine learning and what their perspectives, skills and needs involve
- How to contribute high value to the business with machine learning
- scoping the business problem
- defining success criteria
- understanding your organisation's data.
- Machine Learning solution development
- Data collection and pre-processing
- Model building and pattern discovery
- Model validation and deployment
- Model monitoring, decay and adaptation.
- Insight generation – machine learning outputs and realising the benefits
- Reports, presentations, prototypes, dashboards.
- Communication of the outcomes of the models to business stakeholders
- Anticipating the barriers to achieving benefits and how to work with champions to realise success
- Limitations of machine learning and how to communicate them.