Designing Your Future
Designing Your Future is a world-leading short course series designed by the Australian Technology Network (ATN) in collaboration with Stanford University and tailored to the Australian job market.
This course, Designing Success, is the first stage, free and open to anyone. In this 15-hour self-paced online course you will learn:
- The skills and tools needed to problem solve
- How to decide and determine what you want in a career
- Practical steps to realise your career goals.
The second and third stages, Designing for You and Designing Your Career, both require 30 hours of online learning and are paid courses. In these stages you will learn:
- How to build a plan for your future career
- The skills to action and implement your career plan
- How to identify opportunities and areas to upskill for continual success.
About this course: Designing Success
This free short course will focus on how to redesign your work life and identify opportunities for professional development growth. Developed in collaboration with Stanford University and based on Designing Your Life, the bestselling book by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans, this Australian-first learning opportunity will equip you with the tools and techniques to shape your future career.
Course content is split into three modules and delivered as a combination of self-guided online learning and live workshops. Working alongside peers from a wide range of industries, you’ll explore strategies for self-development and self-awareness, action orientation and accountability.
By the end of the short course, you’ll understand a range of transdisciplinary approaches to identify opportunities in the changing world of work.
Key benefits of this course
This short course has been designed to:
- Develop your understanding of Design Thinking and how it can be utilised in Career and Life Design
- Provide opportunities to test out Design Thinking for Career and Life Design
- Equip you with an understanding of the designer mindsets utilised in Career and Life Design,
Course purchase is subject to UTS Open Terms and Conditions.
UTS complies with latest Government health advice. Delivery of all courses complies with the UTS response to COVID-19.
Additional course information
The course is online, you can complete at your own pace. You’ll hear from others who have utilised Life Design and complete a range of interactive activities to familiarise yourself with the tools.
This short course will provide an opportunity for learners to engage with the following learning outcomes:
- Ability to apply Design Thinking to Career and Life Design
- Ability to apply the Designer mindsets.
To complete this online course, you will need a personal computer with adequate internet access and sufficient software and bandwidth to support web conferencing. You will also require an operating system with a web browser compatible with Canvas, Zoom and Microsoft Teams. You’ll also need a pen and paper to complete interactive activities.