This CPD short course consists of two recordings.
The first comprises a 30-minute presentation by the NSW Legal Services Commissioner, John McKenzie, on the ethical responsibilities of lawyers in relation to sexual harassment and bullying.
This is followed by a 30-minute panel discussion hosted at the UTS Faculty of Law, facilitated by Professor Beth Goldblatt and including panel members Jane Needham SC, Professor Joellen Riley Munton and John McKenzie. The panel discusses:
- Consequences of an unchallenged culture of sexual harassment and bullying
- Regulatory and legislative protections that must be applied to maintain a safe workplace
- Future directions – who is to fix this, and how?
This short course will assist participants to:
- Understand the regulatory and legislative offences in this area
- Recognise the importance of this significant ethical issue
- Raise awareness of the reporting function and victim support at the Office of the Legal Services Commissioner of NSW
- Gain insight into the particular challenges for barristers and law firms.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
For NSW lawyers, the Law Society of New South Wales advises: "If this particular educational activity extends your knowledge and skills in areas that are relevant to your practice needs or professional development, then you should claim one (1) "unit" for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks not included."
Full price: $88 (GST free)*
*Price subject to change. Please check price at time of purchase.
- A discount of 10% is available to UTS students, alumni or UTS staff enrolling in this short course.
How to apply your discount voucher
- If you are eligible for a UTS alumni or staff discount, please ensure you have provided your relevant ID number* in your UTS Open Profile (under “A bit about you”).
- Add this course to your cart
- Click on "View Cart" (blue shopping trolley at top right of screen). You will need to sign in or sign up to UTS Open
- Enter your eligible code beneath the “Have a code?” prompt and click on the blue "Apply" button
- Verify your voucher code has been successfully applied before clicking on the blue "Checkout" button
* If you have forgotten your alumni ID number, or would like to sign up, please contact email@example.com
Relevant voucher codes:
- UTS student/alumni: Lawalumni
How to enrol and obtain your UTS staff discount (UTS staff)
Discounts cannot be combined and only one discount can be applied per person per course session. Discounts can only be applied to the full price. Discounts cannot be applied to any offered special price.