At the beginning of this taster course, participants are introduced to the project and the problem. The solution is subsequently explored using a case study format. Information about the solution is provided, whilst being cognisant of the considerable impact of COVID-19.
Participants are asked to consider how the skills and knowledge used in the project may be transferred into their industry or role and how the solution could be applied to other real-world problems they might encounter in their field of work.
The project will provide the GIS analytics platform for COVID-19 impact and scenario planning, inputting a range of data related to different LGAs. The data is presented visually on an online platform, with an interactive function for participants to engage with.
The solution is data driven, based on recommendations from SMEs in areas such as:
- Rental and mortgage affordability
- Remote accessibility
- Vulnerable cohorts
- Social economic impact
- Sentiment analysis related to different LGAs.
The solution will provide up-to-date, granular data, that enables users to make time-critical decisions about responses during the COVID-19 outbreak.
This case study will provide an opportunity for participants to engage with the following learning outcomes:
- The ability to explain the challenges of developing models with high levels of data from multiple sources
- The ability to explain how the quality of datasets affects data analytics and decision making
- The ability to explain how to optimise collaborative approaches to problem solving using data analytics and subject matter expertise.